Cut Flower Care
- Thoroughly wash and rinse chosen vase.
- Fill vase with fresh water and stir in flower food.
- Using a clean, sharp knife or secateurs cut at least 2cm of each stem at an angle. Blunt scissors could close the stem. Please do not crush stems.
- Remove any foliage which may be in the water, about two thirds, it is not just the bottom of the stem that takes up water.
- Please do not leave your flowers out of water for more than two minutes after you have cut them. The bottom can dry very quickly and form an air bubble.
- Place in a cool position, avoiding direct sunlight or drafts.
- Check your flowers daily and refresh when necessary.
DO NOT place flowers near fruit.
DO NOT use a metal container to put flowers in. (We put plastic sleeves in all our metal buckets!)
TAKE CARE berries and lily pollen will stain.